Propagation

Sunday, 20 May 2018

GR9RW to Commemorate the Royal Wedding

http://www.cvrs.org/
Cray Valley RS has secured the very special callsign GR9RW to mark the Royal Wedding. Starting on the day of the wedding itself, Saturday 19th May, GR9RW will be active for five days from the Club's headquarters in Eltham.

Two HF stations and one VHF station will be active mainly on SSB and CW with some RTTY activity, and FM will also be used on VHF/UHF. The Club's well-equipped station will be augmented with additional antennas allowing simultaneous operation from all three stations.

Logs will be uploaded daily to Clublog, use this link to check if you are in the log https://clublog.org/logsearch/GR9RW

A colour QSL card will be available on request, either via our regular QSL manager Owen, G4DFI or via OQRS. OQRS will be available through Clublog after the event.

Update: we've had some issues with the Internet at the station yesterday so we just made the first
upload (11z on 20 May).

LINK

Saturday, 3 March 2018

3D2EU Rotuma Island

Team of Radio Amateurs will be active as 3D2EU, from Rotuma Island, IOTA OC - 060, 23 February - 16 March 2018.
Team - Heye DJ9RR, Erno DK2AMM, Hans DL6JGN, Ronald PA3EWP.
Recent DX Spots 3D2EUThey will operate on 160 - 10m CW, SSB, Digital modes.
QSL via DK2AMM, LOTW.
Ads for direct QSL:
Ernö Ogonovszky, Am Steinbruch 4, 09123, Chemnitz, Germany.
DXCC Country - Rotuma Island 3D2/R. [more...]

Saturday, 17 February 2018

Bouvet Expedition News

February 17, 2018, 1450 UTC:
Awesomeness is being greeted by a 37-foot ketch in Cape Town Harbor and its crew of ZS ham friends. 
We are grateful for their assistance in getting us into the dock and processed by the SA customs and immigration folks.

1530 UTC: We are now docked, and we have been processed by customs and immigration.

– Hal, W8HC

Sunday, 4 February 2018

News from 3y0z

February 3, 2018, 2000 UTC: During the last 72 hours, we continued to experience the high winds, low clouds, fog and rough seas that have prevented helicopter operations since our arrival at Bouvet. No improvement was predicted in the weather forecast for the next four days. Then, last night, an issue developed in one of the ship’s engines.

This morning, the captain of the vessel declared it unsafe to continue with our project and aborted the DXpedition. We are now on our long voyage back to Punta Arenas. As you might imagine, the team is deeply disappointed, but safe. There is already talk about rescheduling the DXpedition,

Bob, K4UEE
Ralph, KØIR
Erling, LA6VM
 

Sunday, 14 January 2018

3Y0Z Bouvet DXpedition -

Tracking expedition GARMIN MAP

The Bouvet Island DXpedition 3YØZ



https://www.bouvetdx.org/

3Y0Z – Bouvet 2018 - dx expedition

NEWS UPDATE — Heavy sea ice east and north of King George Island has made navigation between King George Island and Bouvet slow and of increased risk. We will therefore depart from Punta Arenas and sail directly to Bouvet. This has necessitated changes to preparations. That process is underway and moving as fast as possible.

Our sailing time to Bouvet is now estimated at 14 days. We estimate that our sailing date and QRV date will move back 24 to 36 hours. Our QRT date will be extended as necessary to provide everyone with the best possible chance of working Bouvet.

K4UEE –Bob
LA6VM — Erling
K0IR — Ralph


Link: dx world